Grain Dryers – “Astra” & “Vesta” Models
Cost Efficient Drying!
Astra Grain Dryer
The record efficiency of tower-type Grain Dryer, “ASTRA” Model, being a joint product of “MELINVEST” OJSC, Russia and “QED DRYER SALES AND MANUFACTURING INC”, USA, is achieved due to the innovative placement of the burner inside the dryer’s body. Multiple use of heated air (recuperation) minimizes heat losses, whereas the dryer’s efficiency factor reaches its maximum value.
This construction is recognized as one of the most efficient in the world. Apart from fuel savings, tower-type Grain Dryer, “ASTRA” Model, ensures high quality of the commodity and seed grain.
The Grain Dryer can operate on natural gas, condensed gas (LPG) & diesel fuel. ASTRA Grain Dryer is a Module Type dryer which allows to increase the drying capacity from 20 t/h to 80 t/h by just adding more modules to the working module.
- Tower-type Grain Dryer is ideal for drying maize, corn, wheat, rye, barley, rice, oleaginous and bean cultures, as well as seed grain
- Drying technology incorporates heating, drying and cooling zones.
- The dryer’s body is made of anticorrosion materials (galvanized steel, aluminum), the factor extending immensely the operation life of the dryer.
- Grain Exchanger prevents the product from overheating and insures the drying uniformity.
- The Dryer’s self-cleaning system allows to maintain the stated capacity of the dryer throughout the whole operating period.
Vesta Grain Dryer
Shaft-type Grain Dryer, “VESTA” Model, is a perfect dryer to dry all types of cereals, beans and oil-bearing crops.
Strictly set heating & cooling regimes and use of calculated air volume allow to maintain the perfect drying technology. The polymeric lining of the bearing elements protects grain from stress & crash.
Delicate drying regimes allow using VESTA Grain Dryers for drying seed grain.
High cost efficiency is achieved due to the dryer’s unique construction design, that allows using heating energy and the sections’ working volume to the highest possible efficiency.
This grain dryer can operate on natural gas, condensed gas (LPG) & diesel fuel.
These dryers have high efficiency which may still be increased by additional thermal insulation.
- Air heater: Combustion chamber is made of heat-resisting stainless steel. The unique structure ensures high efficiency
- Fans: Fans productivity ensures the necessary air volume for removing the set percent of moisture content
- Burner: Burning mode is maintained mechanically. The temperature in heating and cooling areas is set from the control panel with the accuracy up to 1 degrees celsius
- Air ducts: Tapered section eliminates formation of stagnation zones and improves the dryer fire safety.
- Control panel: The panel is provided with a pictogram and built-in protection functions; ensures manual and automated operation.
- Pneumatic separator with a spreading mechanism: Cleans grain of light impurities and evenly distributes it throughout the shaft, excluding the product self-sorting and increasing grain drying efficiency.
Long Service Life
Long service life of Melinvest’s equipment is ensured by application of wear-resistant materials as well as high-quality metal sheeting manufactured at up-to-date Italian and Japanese equipment, installed at Melinvest’s production facilities. The service life of the primary structural elements makes up 15 years and more.
Low vibration and noise level, complete line automation ensures comfortable working conditions for the personnel. The facility maintenance is managed by 1 or 2 operators.
High-quality dust aspiration guarantees fire and explosion safety.
Grain dryers are delivered assembled in modules. It allows to decrease the erection and commissioning time.
Grain Cleaning Equipment
Post-harvesting treatment is the key point in grain production. It defines reimbursement of expenses for all previous stages of the grain processing cycle. Melinvest grain cleaning solutions feature considerable efficiency, reliability, easy operation and service. Melinvest manufactures completely equipped grain cleaning facilities and the full range of equipment for the existing lines reconstruction and improvement.
Scalping machines are used for pre-cleaning of incoming grain from coarse foreign impurities which can mix during harvesting, storage or transportation.
The scalping machine operation principle consists in successive grain cleaning from coarse foreign impurities, straw and stalk. The initial grain mixture is uniformly delivered through the inlet socket along the tray into the intake part of the sieve cylinder. Grain, cleaned from impurities, passing through the holes along the outlet socket, formed by the lower inclined walls of the body, is removed from the scalping machine and transferred for further processing.
- Scalping machine’s drum can be easily changed for another one with larger or lower size cells to conform to the grain, destined for post-harvesting processing, elevator or feed plant. This makes the grain cleaning the most efficient at this stage.
- Capacity, depending on the product and its destination, can vary from 30 to 150 t/h.
- Efficiency of separation from large size impurities reaches up to 100% with installed power of the model with weight 100 t only amounting to 0,75 kW.
- Gear motor with a hollow shaft excludes wearable parts like coupling box thus excluding down time.
- All-metal drum is made of steel sheets with high durability, capable to pass through huge volume of grain during several decades.
- Frequency converter in the control system excludes motor overvoltage, reduces load on the connection shaft during start-up, allows to reach the maximum efficient product cleaning thanks to the drum speed control.
Grain cleaning separators are meant for separating wheat grain from impurities which differ in width, thickness and aerodynamic properties. This grain cleaning equipment is applied to clean grain from fine and coarse impurities, aeroseparable impurities, grain ranging, processing raw grain up to elevator and seed standards.
- Absence of settling chambers and a combination of de-balance and drive pulley functions that considerably decreases the height and ensures maintenance safety
- Availability of adjustable air-separating channel which allows changing the air velocity
- Circular progressive motion ensures high efficiency of grain cleaning from coarse and fine impurities
- Clamping the sieve frames with a cammed mechanism ensures safe fixation, easy assembly and removal of sieve frames
- Due to air-separating channel illumination the process of light impurities precipitation can be visually controlled
Literally one flour mill manufactured by Melinvest can guarantee food supply security of a whole area or a rural district. The plant has been specializing in manufacturing flour milling equipment for more than 150 years. It has been the first company in Russia to introduce roller mills into production and nowadays it is mastering the modern engineering solutions and know-how in flour industry. With the help of our equipment grain manufacturers can reliably supply themselves with flour of the highest quality not depending on price changes on the grain market.
Complete flour mills perform the integrated cycle of grain processing into high and first grade flour and into semolina. Rye milling is possible at slight change of flour mill configuration.
We manufacture mini flour mills as well as flour mills of large capacity. All flour mills produced by Melinvest have a detailed technological scheme similar to the schemes of large mills. At your request we can complete the mill with a dispenser for packing flour in bags.
Advantages of flour mills produced by Melinvest
- Reduced expenditures for electric power: up to 70 kW for processing 1 ton of grain
- Increased yield
- Protection from human factor effect
Flour milling includes the following stages:
Preparation of the grain for milling:
- separation of impurities with the help of modern system of grain cleaning, consecutive cleaning of the grain from large, small, short (cockle), mineral and ferromagnetic (metallic) impurities;
- cleaning of the grain surface from dust, dirt, partial removal of the coat and germ;
- moistening and consecutive binning contribute to optimal grain humidity and provide high yield and quality of flour
- which, depending on model, is carried out on two (R1-BMV-02),
three (MVS), four (MBS-2M) or six (MVS-2) roller mills.
- Separation of grinding products by size on high-performance sieve purifiers through a set of flat sieves making circular translatory motion.
Separation of grinding products by quality on the sieve purifier:
- Operation of the sieve purifier consists in sifting on oscillating flat sieves in the conditions of the rising air flow. Under the combined action of airflow and oscillation of the sieves a self-separation of heterogeneous components of the mixture take place. Particles that do not contain shells (semolina) fall down to the sieve and get sifted. Particles containing shells are in the upper layers and slide out of the sieve. The lightest particles (bran) are taken away by air flow.
- of possible metal impurities from the products of milling of grain and flour.
- of dusty air is performed by means of the aspiration system. For transportation of grain and milling products pneumatic system applies.
- High grade, first grade flour and semolina are supplied to the finished product hopper.
Melinvest feed plants allow to realize efficient technologies of producing particular feeding staff. The line makes an exact ration for each group of animals in automatic mode. Adequate, well-balanced, homogeneous feed contributes to reveal all genetic abilities of pedigree cattle and poultry, increase livestock yield with minimal investments.
Serial feed plants BZK are intended for 24 hours operation. It is possible to make various recipes for different groups of animals in completely automatic mode. Such plants are installed at many poultry farms, pig facilities etc.
Feed Plants Peculiar Features
- precise grain components weight measuring full set of equipment for loose feed production
- assembly easiness and quickness for being placed in any building – no project works required
- possibility of using vitamin and mineral additives compliance with environmental requirements
- maximum possible automation of the manufacturing process
(up to 38 compositions)
- low specific indices of power consumption
At the customer’s discretion individual projects can be designed including the lines for
- Glumiferous crops peeling
- Preliminary components preparation
- Liquid components loading
- Micro weighing
How Melinvest Feed Plant Equipment has helped other businesses
Melinvest feed plant is fully repaid for one year. This equipment helped many livestock businesses not only overcome crisis, but also achieve higher profitability due to production of feed for neighboring farms. We are aware of cases when farms after transition to high quality particular feed could increase cattle weight and milk yield by 2-3 times.
Feed Equipment produced by Melinvest
Mixer, Model BSK, is meant for mixing feed components. Microadditives (moisture content not exceeding 15%) are fed into the mixer from the hopper for micro-additives. Thanks to the unique rotor construction the mixer ensures high degree of the initial product mixture. Mixing homogeneity is 95-97%.
Mixer’s peculiar features
- Accurate mixture with high homogeneity degree
- No «stagnation» zones
Grinder, Model BDK, is meant for milling graminaceous and glumiferous crops, oil cakes during feed manufacture. The initial grain entering the mill chamber is forced by hammers onto the sieve walls till the particle textural composition is less than the sieve mesh diameter and particles are thrown into the grinder body. The milled grain is removed from the grinder through the discharge hole.
Peculiar features of grinders with capacity up to 10 t/h:
- Product feeding self-adjustment
- A set of wear-resistant working parts
- Quick and easy sieves changeover
Feeders are meant for feed components dosing. It consists of a reception hopper, a level alarm block, an electronic strain-gauge balance, a weighing terminal and a socket. Over-dosing reception hopper capacity is 700 kg.
Feeders’ peculiar features
- Strain-gauge platform
- Indication at the weighing terminal